The Garrisons


Follow our journey on adoption #3 for child #8!

Wednesday, August 12, 2009

This is it!

Well, friends.....here we are! The day is almost here that we will board a plane and fly half way around the world to meet and bring home our precious Elijah. I can hardly believe it's actually here - it seems surreal. My emotions have been all over the place....I am, above all, incredibly excited! What started as a stirring in our hearts has become reality and I am in awe that our ever faithful God has brought us this far. I am overcome with gratitude and emotion as I reflect on His goodness and that He saw fit to include me in such a wonderful plan as this.

We feel blessed and privileged to have so many of you praying for us. It means everything to us. Here are some specific ways you can pray:
  • Pray for us to be able to see things through God's eyes. I can feel that He is changing my heart through this journey, and I want to become more like Him in this process.
  • Please pray for safe travel. (Safety, flight connections, no lost baggage, etc.)
  • Health - I am a wimp. (There, I said it!) I have a weak stomach and become easily exhausted by stress. Please pray that both of us would stay healthy (Eli, too!) and also sleep well.
  • Please pray for all of our paperwork to be in place and for our Consulate appointment on Wednesday.
  • Pray for our 3 big kids (Haley, Hayden and Emma) during this time we are gone. They are totally fine with us going and are in great hands.....we aren't actually worried about them, just missing them already and want them to have a great time while we are gone.
  • Attachment and bonding with Elijah. I feel like God has already woven him into my heart....I am praying that somehow he will do the same for Eli and that somehow we wouldn't feel like total strangers to him. Please pray that he will attach to us quickly.
Thank you, thank you for praying for us. We will try to post some while we are gone....check either here or on Facebook. Power and internet in ET is a little sketchy, but I'll try to get something up every now and then!

Love, Kathy

3 comments:

Unknown said...

So excited for you all! Congrats!

missy said...

i know you will have an amazing trip! you will be with your little man very soon!

Valerie Z said...

Congrats!! Cherish every second you are there, you will miss it the second you get back! Have a save trip!!