The Garrisons


Follow our journey on adoption #3 for child #8!

Thursday, August 6, 2009

One Week!!

Can you believe it?? The countdown is on....I can hardly believe I am typing that we will be leaving in one week to go meet Elijah and bring him home! It's surreal....some moments I feel like it is going to happen and others I can hardly wrap my brain around it. It's actually happening!!

We are busy packing, planning and preparing - for our trip, to leave our 3 big kids for a week, and of course, for Elijah to come home. We have piles and lists all over our bedroom.....I'm a girl of order, so it's making me a bit crazy. All for a good cause, though, right? :)

Many have asked "how we are doing". Nathan, of course, is cool as a cucumber...not much rattles him. I have to say, though, most of the time I'm doing pretty well myself. The anticipation of travel is probably what makes me the most nervous. We are not international travelers, so this is a bit of unfamiliar territory for us. I feel a great peace, though, about adding Eli to our family and bringing him home. (Yes, I know it will be an adjustment, and no, I am not in denial!) The idea of bringing him home and getting to know him makes me giddy with excitement.....it's just the longest leg of the flight (14 hours) that makes my stomach turn a bit!

3 comments:

Sherry said...

SOOOO excited for you guys! You're in for such an adventure. Can't wait for your precious babe to be in your arms! Blessings, Sherry Semlow

kim said...

Can't wait to see you in Ethiopia. Let's chat so we can work out something fun to do together on Sunday!!!

Julie said...

I can't remember if I've ever commented. I've been following your blog for the past few months, so I am so excited that you get to go see your little boy soon!

We had friends adopt through AWAA last year (from China), and we are adopting from Ethiopia through CWA. Anyway, I just wanted to say a quick hello and let you know I am so excited for you. It is so fun to "live vicariously" through those going before us! :)