The Garrisons


Follow our journey on adoption #3 for child #8!

Sunday, September 28, 2008

Promises to Rest In

Our family is going to have to make some big decisions in the next year. We are about to change a lot of things about our lives....sometimes that is exciting, sometimes it's scary. It gives me great peace to trust that as long as we look to God for guidance and direction, He will order our steps. I found this poem below, and it speaks to that. (author unknown)

“One day as I was out walking - a thought occurred to me;
Perhaps the Lord up in Heaven is making plans for me.
Maybe he’s planning my every step - what I will do and say;
Maybe he’s planning some glorious things - if only I follow His way.
Dear Lord, I call - I give You my all; please mold my life lest I fall.
My vision is clear, and now I can see;
I know that the Lord up in Heaven - is making plans for me."


11 For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. 12 Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. 13 You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.
Jeremiah 29:11-13

Here's hoping that this promise brings you hope and peace today, too!

No comments: