The Garrisons


Follow our journey on adoption #3 for child #8!

Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Patience

Besides waiting, not a whole lot has been happening with our adoption. So, we were glad when our adoption agency approved our home study this week! One more step done!!
It feels like we should be almost ready to send off our paperwork, but we have more waiting ahead of us. Our home study was sent this week to the intercountry adoption coordinator for DCFS for approval. (This was a step we previously didn't know about or forgot about somewhere along the line.) So, hopefully, she will approve it quickly and it can be sent off to USCIS so we can get our I171-H!!

Through it all, I hope to become a better "waiter". For those of you who know me well, you know that patience is not my strongest attribute (no comments, please!). I like to get things done and move on to the next thing. I don't like things hanging over my head that need to be accomplished. And I don't like uncertainty. I also don't like waiting for other people to do what I need them to do. Unfortunately, adoption includes all of these.
I am learning to be content in the wait. I am learning to trust that God is in control and will see to it that every detail is taken care of. I'm learning to sit and wait for Him to move in His timing.
Old habits die hard - I'm certainly not claiming to be good at any of this. Probably will never be my strength. You will probably never stand in awe at my patience with things out of my control.....or anything else for that matter. Thank goodness God is patient with me, and maybe through this journey He can teach me to be more like Him.

1 comment:

Leah Reeves said...

Hi,

I am a friend of your sister in-law, Amber. I am happy to hear about your adoption. Patience is important in adoption, but most of us do not do it well.

Best Wishes

The Reeves