Yep - that's right! We're leaving tomorrow to go meet Samuel!! We are so excited!
On Sunday evening, we received an email from our agency rep telling us that we had a court date on November 14...which meant we needed to be in country by the 12th...which meant we had to leave THIS WEEKEND! Craziness. This adoption has certainly not happened on the time frame we thought it would - it's left our heads spinning a bit (or at least mine!). Don't get me wrong - we are thrilled - but with international adoption it's usually much longer than you'd hope - hardly ever quicker than you expect!
So, this week has been a flurry of making arrangements for the kids (Thanks, Mom!), running the endless errands that seem to accompany a trip like this, packing, and just our usual schedule with 7 kids!
We would appreciate your prayers for our family this week. I always struggle with leaving the kids...something about getting on a plane to fly 8000 miles away and leaving 7 of my children behind goes against every maternal instinct I have! I know they will be fine, though...it's just hard to leave them behind.
If you feel so inclined to pray for us, we would appreciate prayers for:
- Sweet Samuel...that his heart would be prepared to meet us, and that he would adjust quickly to his new surroundings at the transition home. This is where he will stay until we can bring him home in a few months.
- Safe & smooth travels for us...and for good health (no altitude sickness this time!)
- Our children at home...that the littles would feel secure and have a good time while we are gone. For our bigs that they would handle extra responsibility well and have a great week.
- For everyone playing a part in caring for our kids.
- For God to use this trip to further change our lives - open our eyes - give us a heart for the things of his heart.
THANK YOU FOR PRAYING WITH US!!
Do not be afraid, for I am with you; I will bring your children from the east
and gather you from the west.