The Garrisons


Follow our journey on adoption #3 for child #8!

Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Kids Say the Darndest Things

This was too cute not to share....

Today, one of my second grade students, a boy with a mischievous smile and a tender heart, approached me and asked, "Why can't you just go get that baby?!" I explained to him that it took a lot of time, there was a lot of paperwork and it took time to gather all the money we needed.
He perked right up and said, "Oh, Mrs. Garrison, that's no problem! My family has lots of money! My dad is really generous too - He writes lots of people bills! I'll just have him write you a bill, too!"

Is that not the cutest thing you've ever heard? (If you could see his little face, it would be even cuter!) I loved his enthusiasm to help and the simplicity of the way he saw things.....In his mind - problem solved - jump on the plane!
If only it were that easy!! I didn't have the heart to explain to him we'd rather have a check - we have plenty of bills already! :)

No comments: